Federal Casework Frequently Asked Questions


Do you live in the 41st District of California?

Each Member of Congress has the privilege and responsibility to serve his or her own constituents. If you are unsure if you live in the 41st district of California, please visit the Riverside County Registrar of Voters here. All you need is your complete address.

Does your case involve a Federal Agency?

As your Federal representative, my office is able to make inquiries of federal agencies. If your case involves the state of California, county, local government, your public school district, or other public agencies, please contact your state assemblymember or senator. You can find their information at the Riverside County Registrar of Voters here.

Does the case you are concerned about involve you?

I must have the written consent of my constituent in order to officially proceed with an inquiry. You may find the authorization form here. I am happy to listen to your concerns regarding a constituent who is having difficulty, but will require their written consent. Please contact my district office to outline your concerns and my staff will determine if they can be of any assistance.

Is your situation a legal dispute?

As a member of the Legislative Branch, I am unable to assist or become involved in a court case or legal dispute. This restriction applies to both civil and criminal matters.

Is your case within the agency’s normal processing time?

Aside from extreme hardship, it is unlikely for your case to be fast tracked within an agency. If you think your case merits faster processing, please contact my district office and they will help you determine the proper course of action.

Where can I find the authorization form?

Please print the authorization form here. Please fill it out, print, sign it and send it back to my office with the following information:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.