Private and Corporate Funding
If you can’t find a federal grant that meets your needs, consider private funding.
The Foundation Center
This website serves as a gateway to information about private funding sources and the grant seeking process. It includes many sources of information including:
- Grant proposal writing guidelines
- Addresses of state libraries with grants reference collections
- Links to other useful Internet websites.
The Center maintains a comprehensive database on foundations; produces print and electronic directories and guides; conducts research and publishes studies in the field; and offers a variety of training and educational seminars.
Other Sources include:
- Guide to Funding Research : An overview of the funding research process for those seeking grants from foundations, corporations, and grantmaking public charities.
- Foundation Finder: Search for information about more than 70,000 private and community foundations.
- Requests for Proposals: Daily postings of requests for proposals (RFPs) from private funding sources by broad subject category.
- Foundation Center Cooperating Collections: Free funding information available in libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit centers nationwide, including access to the Foundation Directory Online database.