Where To Begin
This is the best place to start in your search for a grant to meet your needs.
- Find out Who is Eligible for a Grant?
- Other government websites may be more suitable for personal needs, student loans, small business assistance , or other business opportunities such as government contracting. The website Government Benefits, Grants, and Financial Aid may also be of help.
- If eligible, search for program information in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance(CFDA). Includes grants, loans, business and nonfinancial help.
- Contact the federal office in the CFDA program description: if state or local office is indicated, check Regional Agency Offices at top of CFDA website for addresses.
- Go to federal websites given in each CFDA program description for more information and for state administering agencies responsible for managing these programs.
- Check current federal grants opportunities at Grants.gov, obtain a Dun and Bradstreet a DUNS number, register with Central Contractor Registration CCR number, and apply online (links and instructions given at the website). Additional notices appear at FedConnect.net.